Existing Member?

meet me after a tiring day but before you feel sleepy

A Local Encounter that Changed my Perspective - Shoes Talk: A Year Teaching for a Life Time Inspir

WORLDWIDE | Friday, 19 April 2013 | Views [128] | Scholarship Entry

It is 7 in the morning while I appear from the house,finding terracotta bowl in the terrace.It is full of rain drop from the heavy rain last night.Washing off face is the best way to celebrate a cold morning,a typical tropical country. It is an escape to a village in the foothills,a natural concept of homestay by spending time in the local people house,living their life style in Borneo.
A man crossed our terrace,calling my foster mom.Mom came out holding a lunch box.She mentioned some sentences to the guy before tapping his left shoulder,an Indonesia culture for blessing and support.He left with a smile after receiving the lunch box.His panda eyes obviously remained me of Lincoln-a day and night dedication for job.
“He quit job in Singapore and decided to serve for a year to teach the sponge-brain here,the elementary students here.He's one of fresh graduated who serve a year to the rural or border of the country to celebrate the social class acceleration,their hypertrophy dedication wanting more generation feel the same”
I’m acting like a helioscope,waiting for the first shine,humbly raised from the mountain.“His students have exam today.He always makes sure they're ready.He wants to prove the world that they've become resistance toward the rural legend,equipollent to the urban ones.The luciferous of their own Renaissance!"
Mom needs to repair my shoes,as after climbing a hill yesterday,I broke my left shoes.We still need to climb to deliver food supply for people who lived at the back of the hill today.
“Wow mom, you're professional repairmen for shoes!Look at those needles and complete strings’ color,”she replied me with her two fingers’ smile.“Those students need to walk for 10 kilo’s to reach their school everyday. They've to face uncomfortable path through the forest.They even have to cross the river!”
Mom supported those dream catcher troop by making sure their shoes are strong enough for daily used.Mom believed a strong shoes is the one that make they run faster and keeping the pain less anytime they fall down.
The sun extravasates already.I’ve finished my coffee,so has Mom stitching up my shoes.“We're all the best stitchery in our life.I stitch the shoes,the teachers stitch the spirit of nationalism for our motherland.And you,wondering something to be stitched?”she bloviate me with the 'esprit de corps'.Will I be their 'doppelganger', investing to be the part of next generation’s brighter future.Shining stronger than any tropical morning sun.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2013

About relaxafterhour


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.