Existing Member?

A place to run away

Small village in Guadalajara.

SPAIN | Thursday, 14 May 2015 | Views [139] | Comments [1] | Scholarship Entry

I love travelling and I try to do it whenever I can but I can't do as much as I would like to. I think that every place has its own charm, but if I have to choose one, I select a small village in Guadalajara, Spain. It is more that anyone can expect. In the middle of the nature, with silent. Nobody can judge you, nobody can interrupt your ideas,... Only you and your thinkings. I am one of that persons who believe in the need of having time for oneself. And, at the same time, I think it's something very difficult. I know that I am very young but I haven't known myself yet, and I don't know If someday I will do. For that reason, we need to have a break in our busy daily and try to know better ourselves. There, you can relax, you can live exciting experiences, you can do nothing, or you can do everything. There is a lake with a lot of activities to do, like kayak or diving. At the bottom of the lake, there was a Visigoth town but the only things you can see of this town are two houses built with stones and mud, and a castle on the high of a hill. People fish in the lake, swim or do excursions. At the same time, in a cave, there is a little church with a virgin. One day of August, a procession is made in the lake where a lot os boats follow the virgin throwing flowers on the water. Religious or not, its something very beautiful of seeing.
Don't worried if you like to have a good time at night with your friends. Not all is made to relax. In the festivities of the town, you can dance, have a drink or go to the small fair.
I feel very lucky to have found this place, so I go there every time I can. Maybe, the importance it's not the place as much as the time to disconnect from the stress.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

Comments

1

Where is this village and lake it sounds magical?

  Alex Jul 27, 2015 11:34 PM

About relax


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.