Existing Member?

2013 Travel Film Scholarship Entry

Your Backyard - The Hayden Orpheum Picture Palace

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 6 November 2013 | Views [229] | Comments [1] | Scholarship Entry

A shared passion for filmmaking brought Dani and Shelley together during their first year of film school in Sydney. The two best friends travelled to the UK to study for a semester in London in 2009. For 6 amazing months, they experienced new wonders across Europe & honed their filmmaking craft. Shelley recently returned from a semester abroad in France, immersing herself in the language & culture. An eye opening trip to Brazil at age 10 introduced Dani to a more colourful culture than she had known, & during this time she made her first short film. The inspiration for this entry comes from Shelley & Dani’s love for movies, which brought them together in the first place! They relish trips to the cinema, & the magic of this experience is amplified at the beautiful art deco style cinema. The film buffs continue to live and breathe filmmaking and all things travel; two passions fused together and distinctly apparent in this competition entry. The scholarship is something that they have wanted to enter for years. The opportunity to gain the invaluable experiences innate in travel, and be mentored in the field they love, would be a dream come true & an amazing career launching platform!

Tags: Travel Film Scholarships 2013

Comments

1

Sooo classy ladies I loved it!!

  Mo Nov 20, 2013 4:45 PM

About reelwanderers


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.