Existing Member?

surreal

Jungle - Ecuador

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 9 January 2009 | Views [314]

Day 11 of our trip, up early 5.30am we had to be at the bus station to get the bus to Tena.the buses in ecuador get so crowded and stuffy, the roads into the jungle arent the best either but the scenery is just awesome, volcanoes,cloud covered mountains and green everywhere.It took all day to get to the river, before catching a motor canoe to the lodge...very rustic, no power ( except for the kitchen - we,ve got to eat after all!!!) its hot and humid.Before going to bed we were warned to check for scorpions and tarantulas..hmm nice.Thank goodness there wasnt any in our cabin but we did have the biggest ugliest grasshopper ive ever seen and mmm we screamed like little girls.

The jungle is so noisey at night but we both seemed to sleep well.In the morning there were dozens of little monkeys playing in the trees outside the cabin, I sat and watched them for ages, very very cute.I think they are squirrel monkeys.

Huge storm in the afternoon, it rained so hard you just couldnt see a thing, was great to watch, storm went all through the night, complete with lightening and thunder...our huge friend the grasshoppper was back ..gawd they are ugly looking things.

About ree


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.