Existing Member?

A Gipsy's caravan

Jamais Vous

INDIA | Wednesday, 30 April 2014 | Views [155] | Scholarship Entry

It was the sunset of summer's evening and my shadow was reflecting the greatest work of art by the universe. I was 15 when our family came to PURI- a sacred location in Orissa situated at the Bank of Arabian Sea.I had never seen sea beach before ,i had only dreamt of it and drew pictures of it imagining the city of lights inside it and the the sound of waves ringing like a temple bell invoking mystical creatures of the spirit of life and death.It was Hot during the day and so everybody decided to stay inside while i went outside, to see the sea,to see the meeting of the two worlds at sunset. The sand that i had to cross was the hottest thing ever. It reminded me of shia muslim ceremonies of Moharram when they walk on fire as a sacrificial rite. molten lava was beneath my feet and the sand was glittering with the sunlight while i,walking barefoot was burning alive.i walked 4 miles in that sand,chanting and remembering every good thing there ever was.I finally reached the sea,half delirious,half hyper aware.I closed my eyes at the orange sun glowed gloriously on my face making my hair look golden. I stood there listening to the breeze,the tumult of the wavering wind silenced every noise inside of me. i took a step ahead,sinking into the wet sand embracing the spaces between my fingers.It came! Like a lover's kiss in a brisk moment of joy and ecsatcy ,the wave finally came and touched me and i felt naked! Life ran through my spine and saw the world! for the first time! for the first time,i saw the sun-brand new exhilarating sparks of life and love. sending loving regards to earth by his ocean of tears.I stood there Where all things were one,where the wind smelled of sandalwood and sky roaring the bells of the great Jagannath temple. i stood in the city of carnival, I stood there where the whole human civiliation looked tiny in the grandeur presence of the soul of the world.This was the first time i met myself. Ibn Batuta said 'Travelling makes you speechless and then turns you into a storyteller' , .It restored me to my perfect being.It makes me go through a whole range of experiences that entails being a human.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About redrebs


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.