Existing Member?

Red out of Bed

Just one?

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 7 May 2015 | Views [110] | Scholarship Entry

I cannot pinpoint my "Travel Treasure", or have I yet to discover it? My journeys have been a combination of exhilarating, terrifying, laid back and adrenaline-charged. To isolate a sole travel treasure means identifying one adventure that stood out above the rest. This I cannot do. From the eccentric atmosphere of New York to the chilly Swiss Alps, to the over representation of Australian’s in Asia to the chaotically wonderful lives of South Americans – I have had the opportunity to thoroughly enjoy and explore this world we live in. However, you cannot deny the beauty of your own back yard, can you? Australia is my home and boy is it magnificent. The rugged and harsh terrain verses the hustle and bustle of inner-city life, both a contrasting view to the beachside and coastal living. The Australian retirement dream is to hire a caravan and head off and explore our own unique country. I plan to continue to tick Australia and all it has to offer, off my bucket list for as long as I can. I must highlight that I am not pinpointing Australia as my travel treasure, however for the purpose of this reflection I can easily announce that Australia is a place of beauty and a wonderful country to make new memories in. My next adventure will take me to the deserts of Africa including the beaches of Zanzibar and coast side of Cape Town. It will allow me to explore local life in Africa through volunteering in Kenya, Zambia and Uganda. I will cross terrain not seen here in Australia and see animals up close and personal. Who knows, perhaps I will have a travel treasure when I return. Perhaps it will be a standout.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About redoutofbed


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.