Existing Member?

Riding the Metal Monster

Switching Tracks

USA | Tuesday, 8 September 2015 | Views [236] | Scholarship Entry

I came to United States from Soviet Union, today known as Yerevan, Armenia, at the age of 5 years old. I had to adapt culturally and try to make new friends. Becoming class clown to fit in eventually led towards interest and dedication to the creative arts. As a writer, performer, and novice filmmaker, what inspired me to develop this documentary was reaching and sharing the deepest level of healing and to be a positive advocate for others and especially the underdogs. Being assigned a mission to find someone inspirational, I met with a lot of interesting people. One person especially was on the same path as me, Gina Ann, a single mother and teacher by day, daredevil by night. She was so honored that she wanted to do something that she's never done before but always dreamed of doing: riding a freight train. Just like they did in the great depression era and books she taught to her students, riding a freight train was on her bucket list, and my perfect opportunity to capture something special. After a full 4 days on the rails, dealing with the elements and capturing the raw beauty of the coast on the union pacific rail road, I managed to survive and now share with you this wonderful experience. Conquering her fears and pushing her limits, Gina gave me the ease of mind under stress to surpass my own barriers and take more risks. Thank you, gigi!

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About redikovich


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.