Existing Member?

2013 trip

4nights in BKK

THAILAND | Thursday, 22 August 2013 | Views [235]

Talking about Bangkok, most people may think about a big busy city like others capital cities in the world. I have to admit that it is true but it is just half of it. Bangkok is like others big cities and busy as others capitals but it still has another side remaining an old town-like and slow lifestyle.

My stay at SSIP BOUTIQUE DHEVEJ BANGKOK brought me those kinds of feelings as I looked for a hotel in Ratthanakosin island, just to escape from busy life of center of Bangkok. SSIP BOUTIQUE locates in an old Bangkok area, a perfect location for walking to Thewet pier only about 5 minutes where I am able to take express boats to many attraction places in Ratthanakosin island such as The Grand Palace, The Temple of Reclining Buddha, The Temple of the Dawn, Thewet market, etc. Talking about Thewet pier, feeding fish is a “Don’t Miss!” activity. There were like thousand of Swais cramming for food or bread I gave them! Breakfast at SSIP is a highlight. They are traditional Thai dishes which we can choose for pork rice set or chicken rice set decorated as traditional Thai style. Also, the traditional Thai desserts and tropical fruits are so fabulous!! I stayed at SSIP BOUTIQUE for 4 nights and tasted different dishes and desserts every day. Staffs at SSIP BOUTIQUE are also very friendly and helpful. They always asked about places I would visit and gave me directions, advised, and even called the taxi for me.

The weather wasn’t that hot because there was a light rain which wasn’t a trouble with my traveling in Bangkok. I went to Grand palace in the morning, so I still had time for visiting The Temple of Reclining Buddha which is very close to The Grand Palace. Grand palace is not only a tourist’s attraction, it is also a place for Thais because it is closed to Wat Phra Kaew where they went to pay respect to the statue of the Emerald Buddha with Flower, little candle, and joss sticks (Sorry guys, I couldn’t take any pictures because it wasn’t allowed to take pictures.) The statues of giants are other spots to take pictures with because each of them is different. After walked through the gate (by following other tourists), there is the Grand Palace which is huge and very beautiful. Then I walked to Reclining Buddha temple or Wat-Pho which is as crowded as the Grand Palace. Both of them are famous attractions. There were a lot of tourists there as well. What I found here was not only the statue of Reclining Buddha itself that’s interesting, Thai massage in Wat-Pho is very famous and popular but I didn’t try it because of a long queue. I don’t like crowded place personally, it takes too much energy out of me. So, I decided to try a coconut juice sold at in front of Wat-Pho. Drinking a cold fresh coconut juice helped me to relieve my energy a lot! However I was so tired to go anywhere else for now, so I decided to go back to SSIP BOUTIQUE to relax before I went out to Khao-san road in the evening.

Khao-san road was a real night-life street. Saying that it has everything travelers need is not exaggerated. There were a lot of shops, clubs, bars, guesthouses, hotels, bookstores, travel agents, food trucks and much more. So now I know where to go if I need anything because it took only like 5 minutes from SSIP BOUTIQUE, my hotel, by taxi. I tried a henna painting, Thai massage (a bit too expensive here compared to Wat-Pho), and also Pad-Thai from food truck. And that’s it for me today! It’s time to go back and charge my energy back.

Tags: bkk, oversea, ssip, ssip boutique, thailand, travel

About rebecca_trip


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.