Existing Member?

A New Chapter

Hue

VIETNAM | Monday, 27 April 2009 | Views [278]

En route to Hue we stopped at Marble Mountain for a look, it's absolutely amazing, full of caves and marble statues.  It can be quite eerie in some parts especially when there's nobody else around...

After arriving in Hue we found a place to stay and then booked a tour for the following day.  We had a pretty quite afternoon wandering around the city and later that night when we returned to our hotel room we disovered that we had no power so after letting reception know 2 men from the hotel all of a sudden bacame DIY electricians.....around an hour or so later we had power again.....

We got up early, had brekky, checked out of the hotel and made our way to the bus co. to drop our bags off before the tour started.  In the morning we visited Tu Duc Tomb, Ming Mang Tomb and Khai Dinh Tomb, no one is actually buried there and it's just the kingdom where they lived at the time.  After a delicious smorgasbord lunch we then visited the Ancient Citadel which was pretty cool, in the middle there's a lake which at first glance just looked like another lake but when we crossed the bridge over it and looked in it was filled with HUGE golden coy fish.  A lady was throwing bread or something in the water and they were all going crazy and swimming after her as she walked along the bridge, it was very cool.  Last stop was Linh Mu Pagoda before a leisurely dragon boat trip back to Hue.  As soon as we got off the boat we had 30 minutes to get back to the bus co. and get ourselves sorted before the overnight bus trip to Hanoi.....exhausting but we made it!

About rebecca_spencer


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.