Existing Member?

Global (Mis)Adventures

What is going on?

SOUTH KOREA | Wednesday, 29 November 2006 | Views [1559]

Stopping to smell the rose

Stopping to smell the rose

The ultimate mystery of the universe? Time. I'm fascinated. How come the older I get, the faster the speed of time seems to be? My last entry was at the beginning of September and all of the sudden it's December. I have no idea how that happened.

I'm still in Korea. I survived the 'Nuclear North Korea Crisis', the FTA protest riots in Seoul, and the Bird Flu outbreak. Coincidently, I've also survived several hysterical media mindgames (about nukes, riots, and bird flu). Right now, I'm trying to survive the cold. How is it that a Canadian girl can be so terribly afraid of the slightest chill? (Another mystery.) It's 2 degrees Celsius and I feel like my fingers are going to fall off, even with my mitts on. If it wasn't for the heated floor in my apartment, I swear I'd be frozen stiff by now. 

I have three months left in Korea- strange how that sounds so terminal- three more months to live, in Korea. And then my backpacking life begins. Rebirth. Already I'm feeling nostalgia for this place. Once I leave, I don't intend to come back, so I've been trying to squeeze as many memories as I can into this head of mine by wandering around Bundang and Seoul every chance I get.  

 

   

Tags: Philosophy of travel

 

 

Travel Answers about South Korea

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.