Existing Member?

good to go old wanderers

London Christmas

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 26 December 1990 | Views [174]

It was a large heavy box wrapped in green and red paper and felt like a practical gift of pots and pans; or a blender or set of dishes.  Instead, hidden beneath the stuffing and weights was a small envlope with two airline tickets to London for two weeks.  The suprise, the excitement was more than extraodinary; it was incredulous.  We were off to London for the holidays and the chance to spend New Year's Eve in Trafalgar Square, ride the red double-decked buses; visit Westminister Abbey, Buckingham Palace, watch the changing of the guards, visit Windsor Castle, see London Bridge, ride a boat of the Thames, wander through Victoria Station; go to Dover and see the White Cliffs; catch P&O ferry to Calais for the Day; drink French wine and eat hundreds of croissants; spend a night in a B&B on the Coast and watch the cold grey wind tossed British Channel.  Then back to London to eat greasy fish and chips; see a movie, wander through the British Museum for hours visit the National Portrail Gallery; and, at last find a quiet, Italian restaurant at Picadilly Circle to enjoy some rest, and quiet and a good meal.  Then back home to the five kids who were less than eager to here about our trip.

Tags: Sightseeing

About readygogo


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.