Existing Member?

LeVoyage

I saw Stupefying Pfronten

GERMANY | Monday, 5 May 2014 | Views [179] | Scholarship Entry

Cold! Breathtaking! An unanticipated welcome on an early spring Friday evening. We immediately took to the streets in search of the legendary German beerhouses and found one instantly. The traditional freshly brewed malt was well deserved and although I was freezing in my boots I completely immersed myself in the moment.
We stayed at a cozy little hotel and I was glad to finally rest after a long and amazing day. It was a spectacular sensation to wake up in a strange bed, in a strange town. I had a typical scrumptious German breakfast, hit the showers and off we were. I was mesmerized by the breathtaking kaleidoscope of colors. The fusion of colors of the lush green grass and yellow dandelions had me in a daze and I literally gasped in surprise as we don’t have such picture-perfect colorful nature in Africa.
We took the cable car to the Zugspitze at almost 3,000 meters. The sun was directly overhead and the light blanketed the snow-covered Alps filling the air with the warm and welcoming Bavarian spring weather. I walked out of a slightly cool, hum and buzz of conversation as information was shared onto the platform on the peak. Immediately I was hit by a blast of cold air. I felt the cold penetrate my thin jersey and chills run all the way down my back.
The unequalled feeling of standing at the top of Germany was by far the most elevating and enriching experience. The splendid 360° panorama view gave me an outlook that stretched over four countries. It was an awe-inspiring moment to hold snow for the first time, feeling it molding to the shape of my hand. I dined at one of the enchanting restaurants on the Zugspitze. My palate was thoroughly tickled by the culinary perfection of the delightful slice of cheese cake. After a rather chilly morning the smell of fresh coffee emanating from the kitchen tingled my nose and certainly warmed me up inside after I ordered a cup. The audible gasps of disbelief and laughter of pleasure from everyone there beside me added to the bamboozling moment.
We then took to the lake. The waves rolled around and soothed my aching feet. I splashed a handful of water in my face and that cooled me down considerably in the scorching sun’s heat. I lay on the grass beside the lake for hours listening to the laughter of children playing in the water and just lay still slowly dozing off while basking in the sun on a fine day. No matter where I went I got the true taste of Bavarian hospitality, culture and world-famous beer.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About raydrey21


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.