Existing Member?

sometimes I have to remind myself I have the same hours in a day as beyonce

one. zero. zero. seaside.

LITHUANIA | Friday, 9 May 2014 | Views [134] | Scholarship Entry

sometimes the life goes not right or even not left. this feeling is called cosmos ("hey, this is not small sadness or gloom - it's bigger!,- author's note). you just wake up every morning with a question - is it worth to get up? more often cosmic questions appear before a sleep. you crush yourself until you lay moreover not alive and just breath slowly.

while the answers were not so fascinating, but that is life. really? i said no.
now it sounds even more cosmic - try me. give it to me! ("is it strong enough?”,-a.n.) cosmic feelings were practically transformed to cosmic challenges. that's how THIS happen to me.

THIS is:
100 (“a lot or a few comparing to what?”)
km (“o k e y.. good distance.”)
24 hours (“so what! day and night”)
seaside (“nice!”)
hike (“are you kidding?!”).

night was not easy. we woke up in early morning with one possible though - the day will be long. just trying to catch eye contact with others, but there are no need to say anything. the car seems cramped and you are thinking about your outfit and preparation. a day, a distance, but you do not want to be disturbed about uncomfortable shoes or missed botter of water. it can destroy everything you were preparing for more than a month ("yes, i started walking to work every day")!

my 100 km seaside hike in one day starts in saturday morning. it takes 50 km to walk a half distance till the ferry. the group of ~fifty poeple scattered on the coast of baltic sea. more next to the cities you could hardly recognise hikers. but it becomes so clear getting farther.

the coast looks really different ("you could say ten fantastic beaches"). it is sandy, stony, wet, but with fantastic views and sun spa. you just get to know this line between ground and water. it is nice because of the friends next - sometimes 6, rarely 4 and mostly 2. we just met yesterday! and we are determined to reach the distance together. ("thanks.")

the day becomes night. you are still walking. loud talks changes to deep thoughts ("all you feel is existence"). we are walking one to one. he tries to encourage me, i try to enjoy the beauty of the night, stars, rustle. as we are gettinf slower we merge with two people and get the speed. you start to feel daytime fatigue, the pain gets into your legs. we all share our sensations while stops. it's become harder and harder.

7a.m. together we cross the 100 km line. the grass seems like throne ("this is done. what's next?").

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About raske


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Lithuania

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.