Existing Member?

The tiny paths will lead me...

Scotland, the kind of place that makes you dream

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 6 May 2014 | Views [110] | Scholarship Entry

...The first time I got there wasn't the best experience I've had so far being in United Kingdom, well, I believe I should be more specific about my whereabouts, it was Scotland, near lake Loch Ness, I was 17 years old, i'm 23 now, me and my family had a road trip, going there has always been one of those magical childhood destinations, where, if you'r lucky enough, one can get a confirmation of the magical world we all know is there somewhere, but, as you know, never quite believed until you've seen it, it was rainy and felt quite dull, exactly what you could expect from Highlands weather. Which is why you would find it quite unbelievable if I told you that last summer I found Loch Ness as you could actually see it on brochures, sunny, deep blue sky, rocky mountain roads promising you to take you out for a drive you'd never forget, castles and sheep everywhere. First you should go there by a private hired car, you can hire one in Inverness, city near by, you can always go to Loch Ness by fairy, but its always windy on it, you can see quite a view, but then again - its just like being in the sea, not breathtaking, going by car, however, is quite the opposite. The road seems to be joining, practically colliding with the mountain, steep cliffs cutting into road, making it quite dangerous to drive, but with the glens on you left always full of white cloud-like sheep, and cliffs on your right there's no better way to enjoy Scotland's rough nature. Once you get closer to Loch Ness there's a lot of people around, they'r kinda everywhere, crossing the road, having a pint in a bar next to the road, taking pictures of the lake from an ancient looking stone bridge, its positioned over a small canal that ends up in the lake, the canal is full of boats and yachts, along it there's a small paved path that would take you right to the tip of the lake, you could then jump on some of the stones that will be there, shoving just the tips of they'r backs so that you can stand on them, face towards the lake, letting your travel buddy take a picture of you sinking deep down in your dreamworld, simply because the view makes you to, you can see the castle tower, the one that still stands over the lake, the very castle you have left behind while traveling here on the road I mentioned earlier, If you go there by night, or when the sun starts falling of the sky you can sneak in the castle territory and wonder around on your own, no one is there to bother you...

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About rarviis


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.