Existing Member?

Hidden Malibu

My Scholarship entry - Learning How to...

WORLDWIDE | Sunday, 14 October 2012 | Views [134] | Scholarship Entry

Everywhere we have traveled, people seem to have a preconceived notion of Malibu; it's the home of the rich and famous, fast cars, luxury homes, Gidget and The Beach Boys. No doubt, all of that exists -- but that's just the surface. In our video we wanted to take you below the surface, both metaphorically and literally.

Since graduating from Pepperdine University with a degree in intercultural communications, Justin DeShields has worked as a freelance producer for networks such as Nat Geo and The Weather Channel. He is also currently working on a project that will send him on a 1000 mile journey down the coast of Baja California -- on foot.

Raphael Berrios has taken an alternative approach to his education. Growing up as a homeschooler, he decided to continue on that path through college by making his own curriculum of internships in various forms of visual arts. He is currently making his living as a photographer/videographer.

Working as a team of filmmaker/presenter gives us the boldness to go farther and dig deeper than the average traveler. Winning this scholarship would allow us to explore, document, and engage -- and best of all, share those experiences with the world.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarship 2012

About raphaelberrios


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.