Existing Member?

wanderlust

Foz de Iguacu/Iguazu

BRAZIL | Monday, 14 July 2008 | Views [1487]

Foz de Iguacu (Brazil)

Foz de Iguacu (Brazil)

I left BA and headed for Foz de Iguacu (advice – if possible don’t travel with Argentina Aerolinas). The Foz de Iguacu or Iguacu Falls are on the border of Argentina and Brazil with the falls on the Argentinean side being spelt with a ‘z’ and those on the Brazil side spelt with an ‘c’. There were a number of people from the INS conference in BA who were on my flight and upon arrival a tour company picked us up and took us to the falls on the Brazilian side. Wow. They were simply amazing. Niagara Falls look like a tap dripping in comparison. Absolutely stunning!! We walked for several hours and took copious photos…

Upon arriving in the city of Foz de Iguacu I was surprised to see how large it was…but I have to admit that I did not walk further than a few blocks from my hotel and the conference (same building). And well with all I’d heard about the town I think my time was well spent….

The conference was great and very inspiring. By the end of it I had made links in the UK, US and the east coast of Australia, was very inspired and felt that my brain was about to explode from trying to integrate all of the information and figure out how to change the world of Neuropsychology in Perth (I tell you, you will need to watch out, because it is going to change!!!!). And of course there were many late nights of vino drinking and early morning sessions (made every session!).

Then after an intense two days the conference was finished and I had one last day to see the sights. I’d organized an 8am tour (I know, hard to believe, but the only way to fit everything in!!) and typically I woke up at 7.50am still intoxicated….. Nonetheless I made it downstairs in a semi coherent state, all packed and ready to go…. The first stop was an amazing bird Park in Brazil…. I have never seen such amazing birds! My favourites were the Toucans and teeny tiny hummingbirds. Then onto the Iguazu in Argentina. We took a truck through the ‘jungle’ and then took a boat ride into the falls…literally….I might as well have been swimming I was so wet – in my jeans!!! They took a dvd and I can’t wait to see the looks of mortification as waves of water splashed over the boat and into my bikini bottoms through my jeans…..

Later that day we took a rushed train trip out to the another viewpoint of the falls (devils falls) – which looks so calm, just cruising along and then BOOSH and/or Kacow (only Ben will get that…) the falls!

Made it the airport with 15 minutes or so to spare (the prettiest I have ever been too!) and then back on the plane to BA….. (I need sleep…..).

 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.