Existing Member?

let us see Europe, their culture, socio economic development, standard of living and environment

Kalash vally visit

PAKISTAN | Wednesday, 14 May 2014 | Views [265] | Scholarship Entry

Rangeen Khan along with organization fellow left for Chitral (Northern District of KPK,Pakistan) to visit Kalash valley, a hilly area on the border of Afghnistan at a distance of 400 km from Peshawar. Get necessary equipment and travel map, seated in pickup and start our journey. it was a cloudy and warm weather. we stayed at Takht Bae , it was too warm, purchases mangoes and necessary food items and left for Chakdara where we stayed on the river side, get a cup of tea and started our journey, on the way we saw Temargara a beautiful city of lower Dir, the people of this area were very cooperative and educated they guided us then left for Lowari Top which is the highest point. we reached there it mid night. this top disconnect chitral from other area of Pakistan. we stayed there and early morning we left for chitral, reached there at 2'o Clock and from there get start to reached Kalah valley so it last it was evening when we reached kalah valley.
it was very beautiful valley. The culture of Kalash people is unique and differs completely from the various ethnic groups surrounding them. They are polytheists and nature plays a highly significant and spiritual role in their daily life. As part of their religious tradition, sacrifices are offered and festivals held to give thanks for the abundant resources of their three valleys. Kalasha Desh (the three Kalash valleys) is made up of two distinct cultural areas, the valleys of Rumbur and Brumbret forming one and Birir valley the other, Birir valley being the most traditional of the two. Kalash mythology and folklore has been compared to that of ancient Greece, but they are much closer to Indo-Iranian traditions. This can be explained as Hellenic, Vedic traditions. Some of the Kalash people claim to be descendants of Alexander the Great's soldiers, however, extensive genetic testing has shown no connection.The Kalash have fascinated anthropologists due to their unique culture compared to the rest in that region, similar to ancient Persians.
Language:The language of the Kalasha is a Dardic Currently about 5,000 people speak Kalasha.
Religion:Kalash people are divided equally between the adherents of Islam and polytheism. Kalash religion is similar to the religion that was practiced by Rigvedic aryans.the Kalash people live in three isolated mountain valleys: Bumburet (Kalash: Mumuret), Rumbur (Rukmu), and Birir (Biriu).
we stay there for three days and left back with sweet memories.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About rangeen_khan_2


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Pakistan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.