Existing Member?

no planning - only adventure

The first day

SPAIN | Tuesday, 5 May 2015 | Views [96] | Scholarship Entry

As usual - I come to a new country with my backpack, camera and some money. This time it is Spain. But the unusual thing is that I'm not alone - at the airport I meet my friend from Czech Republic, and we leave for Barcelona together. No reservations, no plans - the only thing that I know is that i will spend about a week near the sea in a very hot place - that's enough to be happy! So right after going off the bus in the central square I suggest going just "there" - because I think that "there" is sea. Yes, we don't have a map or internet with us, but who cares? And my feelings don't let me down - after a short trip through absolutely awesome narrow streets full of people, we see it! The Sea!! But it's harbor, so we have to walk about 20 great minutes more till we get to the beach. It's the most crowded beach I've ever seen, but strangely, it doesn't make me feel uncomfortable - everyone's so nice and we just make it right to the sea, passing so many happy faces. But sure, it cannot be so easy - ten minutes after we had a swim and got our first meal a real storm started! Huge dark clouds come from everywhere, strong wind starts blowing, first raindrops come, people are running from the beach - everything is so fast and twisted and surprising - looks like real disaster! And we still have to find a place to live in. But it really works as it is in such trips - the first place we try to seek shelter from the rain is a nice hostel, which will be our home for the whole stay. For me it's a dream place - it is 50 meters from the sea, a surf shop round the corner and a food store round the other. After settling down and leaving our possessions at home we can see that the rain has stopped, so it's high time to discover surroundings - and so we have a short nice evening walk along the beach, without stopping turning our heads for a moment - everything is so nice and interesting, happy people around, doing all kinds of activities and riding all kinds of stuff - from longboards to electrified bikes. Feeling that i love this place more and more with every next step, i understand, that this trip is one of my favourite already, so I am just looking for what is waiting for us tomorrow, and the day after tomorrow and till the end of this journey.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About randomway


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.