Existing Member?

Internationalizing our culture

What a trip!

USA | Saturday, 10 May 2014 | Views [158] | Scholarship Entry

It was the time my whole team and I were expecting, we had been preparing ourselves for approximately 6 months to make that dream come true, we were finally ready to represent Mexico at the HNMUN 2013. It was such a crazy adventure, first the guy who sold us the plane tickets was a swindler and we were in a hurry because we had to leave immediately so we could arrive on time to the hotel to get ready to the debate, anyway we had to buy new tickets at the airport and we ran as fast as we could to board the airplane, we made it! The flight was awesome, we all were yelling and jumping all over the plane playing between us and having lot of fun, we even made friends on board it was really cool. When we finally arrived to NYC we had to take a shuttle to take us from NYC's airport to the hotel we were staying at, on our way after almost 3 hours we stopped to have some food in the middle of a highway at Connecticut and as I am kinda hyperactive I ran immediately to buy some candies then I went to buy something to eat and there he was, the guy who was selling there was so alike 50 cent I was shocked and as I had a lot of sugar inside me I started rapping about him but I guess he didn't liked it because he saw me in a weird way. After that crazy but really fun experience we finally got to the hotel at 5 or 6 am, luckily we had a few hours left before the inauguration so we took a shower and my partners went to have a walk around the city without me because I got sick with the food so I had to rest, anyway as I was alone in the hotel I took my medicine and I went to have a walk and meet the other delegates that were staying there, I met people from Australia, Belgium, India, Philippines, USA of course, The UK and so many other countries, I guess being hyperactive is not that bad after all. The debate was kinda heavy because we were so tired but it was really cool to get no know more people but the coolest part was the party because the bar was full, we were dancing like crazy monkeys and when we were about to leave some guys and girls approached to us and started flirting so we stayed a little bit more even though the cab was already waiting for us, as we decided not to go back to the hotel the chauffeur left us and we had to go back to the hotel walking, unfortunately it wasn't near from the bar so we walked a lot but we weren't alone, we were with friends and we were almost 20 people so I can say that night ended up perfectly.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About randommemoriesfromeverywhere

Mexican Delegation

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.