Existing Member?

Ram Ram

Ram Ram!

INDIA | Tuesday, 14 April 2015 | Views [112] | Scholarship Entry

This trip made the difference.
This trip was like tasting a bitter pill for the first time. Why? Because the Western world has no idea what real poverty it's like. Until you cross the gaze of the Indian people and children who do not have nothing but only the hope of a better future but have joy in the heart for a donated candy, or a sincere smile. As long as you do not realize the true relativity of things and the futility of most of the "needs" that seem to fill our days, you can’t understand that they are an inconsistent illusion. I'll never forget the excitement and the deep emotions that I felt during the whole journey, departed from New Delhi, passing through cities like Agra, Udaipur and Jaipur.
Great temples, great mysticism, great faith, great poverty but also great wealth. Large differences. Not a normal tourist you feel when you visit India, you are an "intruder", you are "different", you are a grain of sand in the desert. Nice and hard. Bitter and varied. Charming and unique.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About ramramindia


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.