Existing Member?

Ral Diary

My Scholarship entry - Seeing the world through other eyes

WORLDWIDE | Thursday, 8 March 2012 | Views [144] | Scholarship Entry

About two years ago one of my friends invited me to go to Barcelona. I can’t remember why I didn’t go that time, but I always thought of Barcelona like the city I almost missed. My friend bought me two books, one about Barcelona and another about Antony Gaudi. I’ve read those books about a hundred times and each time dreamed about me walking the streets of Barcelona.
Two years have passed and again one of my friends invited me to Barcelona. It was the worst time possible. I was moving for a year from Romania to Ireland, I had to pack all my life and my dog and travel to the most distant place of Europe from my town. But I didn’t refuse the invitation; I just bought the plane tickets for another six months from that time. We were in August, and the tickets were for February.
The Christmas came and went and it was the time to pack my bags again this time to go to Barcelona. I went a little sad because I left my dog in Dublin and because apart from my friend I will be alone in Barcelona. But still my dream came true. I was in Barcelona.
I don’t know why, maybe because of the flight but the first day was hell for me. My head was in a million pieces, I didn’t stand the light, the sun burned my face, and all I could do was to walk to the drug store to buy something for my headache and then stay the hole day in bed. I almost cried that day, I was in Barcelona, but I had to stay in bed.
The second day my friend took me to see Antoni Gaudi houses, Batllo and Pedrera. And I don’t know why my sickness was miraculously gone. I took pictures, I smiled I was the happiest girl on Barcelona.
The third day we went to Sagrada Familia witch was love at first sight for me, and then Guell Park, I was living in a fairytale. The whole week I spent in Barcelona was something like a dream. I’ve tested Catalan foods and deserts, I’ve took about 2000 pictures, I’ve seen Barcelona through Gaudi eyes and I loved it.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2012

About ralcaranfil


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.