Existing Member?

Journies through cultures, cities and the mind

The golden fleece

DENMARK | Monday, 7 September 2015 | Views [181] | Scholarship Entry

I have been expressing myself visually and through storytelling in many different ways, since a young age. It is only now that I found the courage to move towards becoming a documentarist, which is what I always dreamed of. In 2 days from now, I am traveling to Mexico to document a story about a girl being split between two cultures, growing up in Mexico and moving to Denmark as 10 years old. Now she is returning to her birth village and reconnecting to her family there. - I am filming this self-financed and with basic DSLR- equipment. I am excited to the core about telling stories, but there are still many aspects, technically and structure wise where I feel I have huge gaps in my knowledge. To win the scholarship would mean the world to me, as I would be able to extract a bunch of knowledge and bridge a lot of gaps.- And I want to dream big. - I am a aware that I am taking a chance with my submission, since it is about a journey trough the city of London, and subsidiarily a journey of the mind. The main point is that it is changing the person, which is what travel is for. -I filmed everything within a range of 100 meters, it is also for me an example of how you can use your surroundings to visualize a tale, even if you are a long way from where it is taking place. The story as well talks to me about the state where the line between inner and outer gets blurred, and I believe every travel holds that potential.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About rakel


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Denmark

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.