Existing Member?

Pieces of Time

Chasing a Dream

PANAMA | Thursday, 4 July 2013 | Views [396]

I was born in 1985, a child of the Ocean. Grew up surrounded by water, the Pacific and Atlantic; yet it was contaminated in the city. I felt we where the lost generation. It caused great impact in me, influencing my passion for the preserving the environment.

 

I grew up painting, taking pictures and reading National Geographic. Scuba Diving and exploring underwater worlds. Shark feeds, night dives, remote locations, each one unique. I saw the contrasts between healthy marine ecosystems and declining habitats. Took marine biology classes. Did treasure hunting expeditions. I began taking artistic abstract water photographs. Adopted two rescued endangered species Tamarin monkeys who live with me. Opened an Organic Restaurant. I help out with MarViva, Tortuguias and the United Nations on Water Preservation and Marine Ecosystem Health. Created the group Sustainable Food Industry Panama.

 

The scholarship is an incredible opportunity to develop as a photographer through the mentoring. A passport to make a difference in this world with my pictures. Live life to the fullest. Exploring and documenting as a travel photographer. Seeing the world, sharing its story.

 

It is something I dream of. All the time. 

Tags: bobsled, competition, dreams, panama, spirit of panama, sports

About raisa_mar

Me by the river

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Panama

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.