Existing Member?

Peace and Happiness found in every step you set on the strange roads

Finding Bliss from the 'strange'

SRI LANKA | Tuesday, 22 April 2014 | Views [156] | Scholarship Entry

Travelling to the known destinations and unknown destinations have a unique difference. The latter consist identifying unexpected strange new forms from each step you set on those unknown roads ahead. You find new experience and information from the people you see and meet, shops you enter, roads that 'cross you', the air you breathe, the sun lingers through that half day, the sky that bleaches the white out of you, birds and animals that roam and rest on your pathway. Each step you make on your own, is a new form of life you experience and entertain and keeps in your nature's biggest storage, the brain, to retrieve later and tell the world with an all new version through a different eye. Even those not new to that location will find it amusing and will regret for not being able to see them the way you saw it till then. Writers are all but a 'pensieve' (Harry Potter, Rowlings J.K.). Travel writers, to act like a pensieve should be willing to become a part of that strangeness. You eat that 'new' food, you meet those 'new' people, you walk through the 'new' roads, use the 'new' transport and become atleast shortly 'part' of the all 'new' atmosphere. When you become a part of that not-before-met strangeness, it helps you to analyse later on, on a comparative paradigm, to get the cream out of that simple experience and let the world know the beauty of the known reality. Whilst securing our own belongings in those strange shores, our observations should not ever be constrained through such unexpected accidents that occur due to our own oversight. Hence well preparation for such a fully fledged travel to be kept tidy as a preemptive.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About rahmathaman


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Sri Lanka

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.