Existing Member?

Where in the world are Karmen & Michael?

Last days in Berlin/beginning of Poland

GERMANY | Monday, 10 August 2015 | Views [350]

Beautiful swan at the lake

Beautiful swan at the lake

Sorry this blog is a few days later than the experiences narrated because writing a blog can be daunting yet rewarding...

On our second to last day in Berlin, which was this past Wednesday, we were invited by our friend Marleen to have a barbecue and play Frisbee at this giant park called Templehof. This was a really neat park because it is an old shutdown airport renovated into a park. There were people bicycling,  jogging, rollerblading and playing all over this mile long airstrip. With 4 dog parks in the park and 3 grilling areas, this place was gigantic.  Having no phone to contact our friends we decided to trek the place on foot which was exhausting because it was a very hot day with no trees for shade. Amongst the families and friends grilling, there were many happy people it seemed. Sadly however, we never ended up finding our friend Marleen because there was some miscommunication and she showed up later to the park around 7 which by then we had already left.  

 

Although this day sounds uneventful it was actually a total success considering that after visiting three music shops in Berlin, Michael finally found a decentlyrics priced used guitar. After making the long debated purchase,  we were walking down the street and a lady out of nowhere runs in front of us to take a picture of Michael singing and playing.  Throughout the day, he continued to receive compliments such as "Thanks for the concert!" Or "Nice music!" These compliments solidified the purchase and made us happy to know that other people enjoyed Michael's music as well :)

On our last day of Berlin, we were invited out again by our friend Marleen to a lake about 30 minutes North of where we were staying in Berlin. Just a hop skip jump on the metro to this lake and we were there! It was really neat to be able to take the metro to the lake considering we usually drive to the lake back home. Although not a huge lake, the area was beautiful and bountiful of families and swans.  It was Karmen's first time seeing a swan in real life and she was overly excited. It was a hot day in Berlin our last day rounding out to about 38 degrees Celsius (about 86 F). With naked babies and children running around left and right, it was a day of laughter. We enjoyed relaxing in the shade while Michael serenaded everyone around us. Swimming in the lake was glorious. In the middle of the lake there was a huge fountain that people would swim to and play and stand on. After awhile Marleen had some more friends show up who brought a small picnic with delicious veggies and dips, tomatos and mozzarella, and more cheese. 

After the lake we ended up being too tired to go out our last night and opted to go home and rest and pack to be ready to leave early for Poland to teach English with angloville. 

Until the next one, hopefully soon but we are really busy here!

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.