Existing Member?

Where in the world are Karmen & Michael?

Boston

USA | Sunday, 26 July 2015 | Views [211]

Hello!

After a long drive (13 hrs) from NC up Interstate 95 to Boston, we made decent time arriving around noon on Friday. After dropping off our rental car, we gathered our bearings and got an Uber to meet up with our friend Alex Gray. Allowing us to relax and shower, Alex led us on a tour around the city which gave us a chance to stretch our legs. We went to the Barking Crab to have some good ol' PBR tall boys then checked out the harbor where all the tea was dumped historically from the Boston Tea party. 

 

Soon after we met up with an old friend Jess, and celebrated her last night in Boston before she moved back to NC. Getting a little taste of the bar scene in Boston, we had a blast and we were soon exhausted. Alex, being the good friend he is spent the night at a friends house and allowed us to sLee in his bed that evening...what a great guy!

 

After a long Friday we allowed ourselves to sleep in at Alex's place and later went to visit him at his work the Pavement which was a tasty bagel coffee shop. With a relaxed start.to the day, we took our time there. After Alex got off work we met up with him and our friend Allen to go on a tour at the Harpoon brewery.  However it being a Saturday in the summertime the place was packed with a line out the door. No worries though we found our way to a delicious burrito place and we're just as happy.  

 

Around 9 on Saturday we got to finally meet up.with our good friend Frannie and her boyfriend Patrick. Happy to be with more friends we passed out quickly that evening after joining their roommates in the fourth Star Wars movie of their day long marathon. 

 

Today, Frannie took us to Karmens favorite place ever, Mikes Pastries. Below is a picture of to why these are the best cannolis in the world....handmade shells....cream...mmm! For lunch, Patrick made us ground turkey tacos and that was pretty darn tasty uniquely topped with shredded carrots. It was both our first times having ground turkey and it was delicious! Since the tacos we've been relaxing and excitedly anticipating our flight to Iceland tomorrow evening. Our flight leaves at 7PM our time and arrives in 4-5 hrs later in Iceland which it will then be 4AM their time. So bare with us and we will post again in a few days!

 

Send us good vibes and safe travels because it's about to happen!!!

 

 

 

 
 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.