Existing Member?

"You can never visit the same place twice. Each time, it’s a different story."

A magic paradise

CHILE | Wednesday, 14 May 2014 | Views [248] | Scholarship Entry

Old people always say, “there is not a better place than home” and I think that is true. If you take your time and look what you have near by, you will notice lots of wonderful and mystic places surrounding you. I was born in Chile, which is a large and diverse country. In Chile you can go to the beach to swim and take a bathsun, and in less than 2 hours, you will be in the desert for a walk; and if you don’t like the harm weather of the desert or the quiet and smooth sound of the ocean, in less than 3 hours you will be skiing in Chillan or Valle Nevado. I’m very proud of my country because here you can find everything!

When I was young, my family and I used to travel a lot, but the place that caught the most of my attention and now is my favorite one, is Pucón. The first time I came to this city, I was exited because everyone talked about the lake, the volcano, and the architecture. We went to the house of the cousin of my brother in law, which was near by the city and the lake. When we arrived I noticed something that surprised me, the sand was black! It was strange because it doesn’t matter where you go, always you will find white and soft sand. So I asked my mother “Mom, why is this sand black?” and she answered me, “that is because of the volcano, in other words, residues of the eruption of the volcano.” If you take your time and look this wonderful landscape where the lake, the volcano, and the architecture share a harmonious complicity, you will fall in love almost immediately. One day we decided to go to the city, it was a magical trip, because you can see the lake and the nature of the zone. Finally we arrived to the city and we parked in the parking area next to the central park, and we walked for the city. There are a lot of restaurants, houses, and places to go. If you want to buy some souvenirs, you can find a handmade fair in the central park with a variety of options to buy presents for everyone! The most common and beautiful souvenir that you can buy is a handmade wooden flower. Finally, if you stay for more than one week and start to rain, I strongly recommend you to take your car and drive to the hot springs that are near the city. There you will get relax and you will not find reasons to go out of that magic place.

There are lots of places in Chile where the architecture of the city and the landscape mix perfectly; and I think, that’s the best part of Chile, the magic of this wonderful country.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About raccoongirl


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Chile

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.