Existing Member?

Beauty lies in your own eyes

My Scholarship entry - Seeing the world through other eyes

WORLDWIDE | Thursday, 12 April 2012 | Views [260] | Scholarship Entry

River pearl, Guangzhou, China

River pearl, Guangzhou, China

During my previous job, I was sent to Guangzhou, China for training at Siemens for a month.
Every morning, all the way from hotel to Siemens, everyone used to pass me smile. That was not just a smile; it was full of love and life. Their smiling faces made my days magnificent there.
I had to spend 9 hours daily at Siemens, which also included lunch time. In my religion I have to be careful about Halal and Haram. I was surprised to see the respect which Chinese people gave to my religion. They never forced me to eat their food. They were always concerned about what I eat and what I don’t eat. They even bought separate crockery for me so that I would not be agitated by smell of pork oil they used to add to their food.
There was a man named Peter at Siemens. He was tremendously caring for everyone around him. Once I was chewing the bubble gum and was thinking to throw it. I was surprised when he gave me tissue paper to trash it, although I didn’t tell him It was not about Peter only, rather everyone was caring.
While moving back to hotel in the evening when I had to cross the road, I noticed that car drivers never tried to move first. They always stopped their cars courteously and let me go first.
One day before my departure from China, they gave me farewell. They presented me flowers and cards and were expressively saying that they will miss me. They asked me more about my religion, country and traditions.
I came back to my country after spending a month there. Physically I was back but mentally I have lost myself over there. It was really beautiful to see the world through others eyes. It was their love & care which made my days wonderful. It’s not about the country, it’s about the ethics and values which your country teaches you. I found all those values in China which my country is lacking now. Moreover, beauty lies in the eyes of beholder. If you have the inner beauty, everything will appear beautiful around you, no matter what culture or country you belong to.

Tags: travel writing scholarship 2012

About rabeeyajamil


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.