Existing Member?

Aussie Life to the Max

Litchfield, Kakadu and katherine

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 11 June 2013 | Views [305]

So much to see in the top end. Litchfield was an amazing place spectacular waterfalls, cataracts, rockpools and pockets of monsoonal forest. I could have stayed another week, but, time is running out. Kakadu was a bit of a fizzer, really most of what you could see from any decent road was the same sort of bush, savannah you everywhere up here. The tracks are still closed because the wet was late this year and you would need a 4wd anyway. The only other way to see anything was by air or water and the tours are expensive, still, I wouldn't have minded a croc cruise. Did see a salty on a river bank but to far away to see much detail, mostly about Kakadu I remember the mozzies they were nasty. Katherine, however, now thats an interesting place got to explore 3 of the gorges and they are really worth seeing, got some nice pics and a close up of a freshie croc. Also had the opportunity to swim in an excellent rockpool under a waterfall.

Will be back on the road tommorow heading south and will have a quick stop at the thermal pools, the on to the devils marbles. We expect to be in Alice Springs on friday. We only have a few days to do the area as Di needs to catch a plane back to Brisbane on tuesday. Im afraid after that we need to start heading back. The adventure is not over yet still North Western Queensland, Normanton to Cairns then the run down the coast to home.

About r_d_touring


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.