Existing Member?

europe 2013 A where we can, when we can, account of our self drive trip around Ireland-Britain-France

Gouarec - Tuesday

FRANCE | Tuesday, 24 September 2013 | Views [317]

I should mention the car.  A VW Golf auto diesel.  We picked it up from Dinard airport.  Thank goodness it was a sunny day.  The scratches and bumps were noted on the defect schedule but not the huge star crack in the windscreen or the missing spare tyre!  So... I sat on the luggage by the car and enjoyed the peaceful sunny day while Janice went back and forth to the man in the office.  Along with a not too happy Irish man who was hiring the car next to ours and had similar complaints.  Janice mistakenly told the office man the crack was on the drivers side of the car, but he duly noted it down on the passengers side, where it actually was, so he already knew!

The spare tyre "just phone us if you have a problem"  That's ok I don't fancy changing a car tyre:-) 

The hand brake is a switch on the central console.  A bit scary to me especially in a computer driven car.  I have always seen the manual hand brake as a bit of a safety option!

Today a 23 km ride to the Rostrenen markets.  Mostly chinese jewellery and clothes, some leather jackets and some sad looking fruit and vegetables. We went out via an old rail route and came back on roads and tow path by the canal.  Gouarec is still quiet.  I think the men are in the bars and out riding tractors.  Where the women are?

 
 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.