Existing Member?

rapsodia

My Travel Writing Scholarship 2011 entry - My Big Adventure

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 7 March 2011 | Views [103] | Scholarship Entry

I've lived Uruapan Michoacan my whole life, that until I had to move to Morelia for college. There I meet lots of great people; one in particular was from a neighbor state, at some point she revealed that she had never been in any Michoacan place other than Morelia, so in spirit of showing the greatness of my state I decided to take her to a trip to a mostly unknown Michoacan beach, after some hesitation we finally decided to make the trip happen.

My plan was to travel from Morelia to Uruapan, take a bus there to Lazaro Cardenas and from Lazaro to Caleta de Campo, the trip was quite uneventful, but I consider that to be good since I thought that she was nervous enough to be in an unknown place.
We arrived at our destination safely and proceed to check in a local hostal, took off our city clothes and put on our beach uniforms.

The hostal was at the top of a small hill, due to this it had a beautiful view of the sea, however we decided to save the sight for nighttime and went to take some sunburns.

The beach was just as awesome as the memories I had from the last time I had been there (about ten years ago), as if time had been frozen in that hidden natural wonder, the water was crystal clear and the sand was an almost-white brown, the perfect spot for an improvised vacation.

We decided to buy a beer at a random palapa and spend the next I-don’t-know-how-many hours in there; my friend was lying back in a hamaca while I swung her in an unhurried motion. Time went by and day turned night, we then had to walk the hill upwards to reach our shelter, there we spend several hours watching and listening to the sea until our bodies reminded us that we had to sleep, that’s how our first day of travel ended.

We woke up early for our second day of adventure, unlike before we were now full of energy and hurried back to the beach, this time we decided to go for a walk, since there was a lighthouse at the right we thought that it would be best to walk left through the shore, and that’s what we did, we simply walked.

The wind hitting our face, the sea water sticking sand between our feet’s fingers and a very gentle cloud keeping the sun from burning us too much, in short the perfect day to walk.

After walking for about thirty minutes we found a random spot below a palm and took a small break to rest and eat, I don’t know why but although we chat in a daily basis the conversation was especially nice, we didn’t discuss politics, the world or any other transcendental subject… it was a mere chat… but it was the best mere talk of my life.

Tags: #2011Writing, Travel Writing Scholarship 2011

About pyro


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.