Existing Member?

Frogger Goes To CR

Noel

COSTA RICA | Monday, 27 October 2008 | Views [518]

An Indian-Canadian showed up in a taxi at Cascada Verde as a guest. Noel did not do his research and was in for a surprise. Noel is all about himself. He talked about his pension, his plan to retire at 55, and his job. It turned out he had wanted to do an all inclusive cruise, but since those package deals are usually quoted based on double occupancy and he could not find anyone to go with him. He thought visiting Costa Rica alone might be cheaper. How does a gas-and-oil drilling business, beacon-and-eggs eating kinda guy from British Columbia fit in a vegan, raw food eating commune? We, the volunteers, invited him to sit with us during dinner his first night. As far as conversation goes, people are generally excited and interested in the upcoming U.S. presidential election, and thought I would miss the election all together. I said I voted already with an absentee ballot. They were interested in who I voted for, to which I replied it’s none of your biz-wax, politely of course. Noel jumped in and said that he likes Palin (nothing about McCain) and would vote for her. She’s good for Alaska. Good for drilling. Good for business. And good for me. Tension filled the air.

About pwu


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Costa Rica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.