Existing Member?

Frogger Goes To CR

Cascada Verde

COSTA RICA | Thursday, 23 October 2008 | Views [584]

Tugged away in the jungle is this glorious tree house, like Noe’s but ten times bigger. It's an eco-retreat and takes in volunteers to help around the organic farm.  Organic garden is more like it, as I haven't seen any animals. I think it’s totally luxurious because it has electricity and running water. Mirko, from Germany, runs the place and the volunteers. He put my in the attic of the guest quarter because the volunteer quarter was full, but only for one night as five volunteers would be leaving the next day for visit Panama for five days.

The distance from the pitched roof to the floor of this attic was so short that even I have to bend forward some. While I can’t imagine how other traveling gringos would be able to handle it, I came to like it, even if it were for one night. It had a gorgeous view of the jungle (no windows) and in the distant background, you can see the horizon where the ocean meets the sky. When the sun sets, the sky turns orange with bright yellow and orange rays penetrating through the foliage of the dark green forest. Besides the songs sang by the animals and crickets, it is quiet. Everything seems to be at a still, even time.

About pwu


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Costa Rica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.