Existing Member?

Travel Sketchbook

Blue Blood

USA | Wednesday, 27 May 2015 | Views [81] | Scholarship Entry

The oceans are like people. It is impossible to know everything about them and you may fall in love with them.
A man launches his ships into the water, poisons the animals; in short, he behaves like a dishonorable guest in a place where he will never have to live. He is always a trouble.
They say that horseshoe crabs are the same age as the ocean. They say they have blue blood. People use it for their own needs because of their great value. A majority of these creations die during their donorship.
I remember my shameful acquaintance with them at the boardwalk on the 1-st street in Ocean City. That day fog was coming out from the prominent ribs of the waves; you could touch it and hold it in your hand. It stretched to the rags of grey seaweeds on the shore, laid like a feather on plastic deck chairs with a thin coating of sand dust and touched the sneakers of the first runners. As if every line and figure wrapped themselves up in the clouds.
That day I was the only one who turned up the hem of the skirt and touched the ice-scalding water. Grey-haired waves became curious, who was bold enough not only to wet their feet and to observe the dark bubbles in the sand, but to dip their hands and heart in water and to expose their skin and bones because of sudden freshness.
I was a vessel which the ocean filled to the brim while pouring water into the nose, ears and throat. It gave a militant roar and pushed me out from the water. It showed me the door like I was an uninvited guest, and left me to deal with the seaweed and sand stuck in my hair.
I would not pretend to render to the reader my own bunch of impressions which crashed down on me the next few minutes. I can only remember a buzzing in my ears like after an explosion. I wanted to shout, but the mist got into my throat and did not let me pronounce a single sound.
Through a mantle of mist I could see next to me a disgusting shell, rising like a hump covered with the seashells. Many limbs were scraping because of the tightness, longing to be free.That repulsive sound came right from the jaw and it ached as if every nerve was beating through the tooth wall. I stared at it and could not understand if it was looking at me too.
Then I was so ashamed of my fear. I wanted to come back and..What could I do for them? I still do not know and that lies heavily on my heart.
Blue blood. If it pours into the ocean nobody will even notice it.You will only hear more loudly the noise of the sea. Only the fog will thicken…

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About puzzles


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.