Existing Member?

the long journey begin!

Catching a Moment - follow to Faroh

EGYPT | Wednesday, 17 April 2013 | Views [285] | Scholarship Entry

When I was young, a Japanese cartoon called “Faroh’s curse” was the most popular and it was my inspiration to visit Egypt. I dreamed to walk around the pyramid where Faroh Memphis and Carol met, float in the Nile river that brought her to him and see many treasures of Egypt with my own eyes. I wish I could make this dream to be truth when I were 30 years old or more, but sometime, the best thing will come when we have less expectation. In the twenty-seventh years of my life, I found myself was standing in front of the great pyramid of Giza and my hand reached to a rock. The feeling when touching the dream was unexplainable. The hard rock was so real but the weather was drier than I imagine. This place should be strong and peaceful resident for after life of Faroh forever, but human’s greed is more powerful than building and many sophisticated machineries inside could not stop any thieves to stole the treasure and mummies.
But there are some treasure could be remained and have been kept in the museum of Egypt, I was surprised when I saw a mummy that was original of cartoon “Faroh’s curse”, this mummy has a dried garland on her chest and mummy of the Great Ramses II showed that when this guy was alive, he should be very smart : tall, tan and handsome. We, my friend and I, enjoyed to read each mummy’s stories and did not feel we were left to be lonely in quiet room and around with many mummies that look ready to get up all the time. Our eyes rolled to meet and then we pulled each other’s hand to run out of that room as fast as possible!

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2013

About puinatamon


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Egypt

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.