Existing Member?

Travel Photography Scholarship 2011

Travel Photography Scholarship 2011

INDIA | Tuesday, 8 November 2011 | Views [344]

 

Close to 20 percent of the worlds species will be extinct in the next two to five decades. I strongly believe that unless everyone does their part in working towards a better world in whatever small way it may be, we are heading towards mass extinction on a global scale that will be irreversible.

I am a 24 year old who is a full time nature enthusiast and a part time lawyer (day job). Ever since i can remember i have spent more time outdoors trawling through the mud in the company of animals and whenever possible behind the camera in my various attempts to obtain what one could call a decent photograph of the world that exists outside the constraints of everyday mundane human life.

Creating awareness is one of the most important ways of initiating the masses to wake from their slumber of apathy to proactivity. There is nothing that moves a person or brings out emotions like a picture.

A picture speaks a thousand words.

Right from a young age I have tried to do my part in protecting animals and caring for them, be it adopting stray dogs to taking in bats and squirrels that were abandonded. To qoute one of my favourite authors of all time, my house actually resmbled a menagerie that was a residence to my family and other animals.


I have tried to put together 5 pictures that portray animals at peace and undisturbed by human interference. If i were to be selected for this prestigious award i would use what i learn to assist in conservation through photography and literature. The epitomy of which; a lifes dream; to be able to actually work with National Geographic and such an outstanding photographer.

Tags: animals, india, travel photography scholarship 2011

About psynstein


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.