Existing Member?

Enjoy The Journey of Your Heart

My Travel Writing Scholarship 2011 entry - My Big Adventure

INDONESIA | Monday, 28 March 2011 | Views [235] | Scholarship Entry

The resolution of my age 21 had been set, and defined successfully. It was started with the road to the summit of Mount Lawu which is full of struggle. It was happening on October the 30th 2009, 3 days after my 21st birthday, and came back to the normal land on a day after: October 31. It was a journey that rich of spiritual experience, a journey that completely different with the other mountaineering I had ever done before. It was totally awaking me up, worth full, and recharging.
It was the gate of self resolution.
Mountaineering, which I usually call ‘mountaining’, is so refreshing when we see the beauty and the greatness of The Lord. When we notice how small the earth we live on; how big and extent divine creation; how beautiful the work of The Creator expressed through the bushes that turn into gold due to the bursts of sun dusk, or through the thick white clouds decorated with pure blue sky of bright midday when we finally on top, or just through the calm night with stars surrounding accompanied by moon with certain forms: crescent, half, three-quarters, or full. A refreshing ‘mountaining’, for me is about to see, then down to heart, then it feels like full of gratitude, full of praising, full of happy.
But Lawu journey is different. It’s no longer from the eye then down to the heart experience. It was more like a spiritual jorney; a walking journey: from walking then down to heart. Not by seeing, but by walking. I really treasure the course from bottom to top, and then back again to the bottom; from one post to the other post; from one bedtime to the other bedtime; from the passionate foot to the very tired one; from laughter, smile, and cheerfulness, to something called complaining, sighing, and grumbling; from one spirit song to another one; from one track to another, then back again to the similar track; from boredom of the path that is always rocky and rising, to boredom of walking itself; from fear of the dark to fear of the black shadows by moonlight. How everything was the conclusion of walking: from a walk, until I finally saw the light of houses, and reached it closer and closer, and then I have been at the bottom: I have arrived at a place that is wanted by every climber who was down the mountain, back to the base camp.
That was my experience about how my struggle to the summit, and back again to the base camp. About grumbled that appeared, then neutralized by positivity of chants that came in my heart. How happy the world under my conscious and it wasn’t solely as a result of seeing, but because I felt the meaning of walk: the meaning that came when I walked. My first resolution was done: a spiritual walk that leads me to the greater maturity.

Tags: #2011writing, travel writing scholarship 2011

 

About pstparea


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.