Existing Member?

The Road between Brazil and Argentina

The Old Bus

ARGENTINA | Tuesday, 26 May 2015 | Views [265] | Scholarship Entry

Inside the bus, the driver did of the Portuguese an international language to understand the destination of passengers. The couple was trying to contain the excited children, in a serious Spanish, worthy of parent educators. While the backpackers to carry on the back the weight of several miles, were planning in German the destination. I watched, and could swear to listen French in the bank forward.

To think that, this trip took place to simple accident. When my group and I forget to do the international insurance on the car rental, and we had to leave it parked in Brazilian lands, to go in search of the famous candy Alfajor.

I enjoyed breathing the air road between the Brazilian's, Foz do Iguaçu, in the southern state of Paraná and Puerto Iguazú on the Missiones, province of Argentina. I liked the talk. And the details, of the new paved road to the banks of black upholstered where children in their knees watching the news at the window.

These reminded me of the bus that I took as a little girl going to school, in the nearby town inside the Rio de Janeiro. Routine where the same landscape was repeating it, but that made me understand the little details that make the same look different.

At the border, we stopped. We got off the bus and went through the normal procedure which appeared to show the passport and receive the stamp. In front of me were the children and parents, I could see that they were locals, and unlike the adults, children felt really charming by the routine, as if they were the first time.

We returned to the vehicle. In the front glass stamped the value of the ticket, R$ 4,00. Close to roulette a poster with departure times, no longer ranges than thirty minutes. Approximate time that we were on the highway; going through hotels and casinos until reaching the friendly Argentine city.

The old bus did not compare to modern transport of the capital, there was no air conditioner to beat the heat of spring, or large digital signage. But do not face it as negative, after all is a unique way of knowing the place where to visit.

We stayed in one of the first points of the city center. Said goodbye to the driver, to the children waved not goodbye, but see you later. And to the old bus. Realizing above all that is easy be charmed by the new and different, but finding new and different in the same is something to coach the eyes.
Therefore is worth a tip, if you plan follow the same way, leave the car and experience life as a local. Take the bus.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About priscilamotta


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.