Existing Member?

ninja monkey, the adventures of We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls ~ Anais Nin

Who doesn’t bring dress clothes TO A WEDDING?!?!

INDIA | Saturday, 28 January 2012 | Views [580]

Less than 24 hours to go --  all packed and ready to roll! Sort of…

I realized this morning, the day before we leave, that for a multi-day wedding, I should probably have more than one dress. And I had only intended to bring that dress to go out in in Mumbai. Planning fail. Kellie and I are each having two custom saris made for the festivities (Michael gets a kurta), so I am going to hope those two and the dress will be sufficient. Or there will be lots of pictures of me wearing the same thing all the time – or pictures of me hiding in the background because I’m wearing flip flops, shorts, a t-shirt and a trucker hat at a wedding. 

This oversight might have been acceptable if I hadn’t known that I was going to a multi-day event. But I’ve known that from the beginning. Indian weddings are known for being elaborate and uber-fancy. BVK just got back from India and told me about the 3-day wedding he attended there. How it never occurred to me to pack more dress clothes is beyond me. Let’s hope I planned for the rest of the trip a little better.

Other planning mishaps:

-          I bought IR3535 instead of DEET. WTF is IR3535??? If I die of malaria, someone please sue the makers of IR3535 for me.

-          I called my bank to let them know I was going overseas. This is how the end of the call went:

Her: “Ok, Ms Doan, you’re all set! Have a great trip!”

Me: “Thanks! You… too…”

<awkward silence>

Me: “I mean, I dunno… are you going on a trip anytime soon?”

Her: “No.”

Me: “Ok, sorry.”

-          We don’t really know what we’re going to do once we get on our own and go to the Golden Triangle. Our itinerary lists “Pink shit” and “Puppets". I have the lonely planet on my kindle and might read it on the plane.... Or I could re-read the Hunger games for the millionth time.

But hey – even the best-laid plans fall apart, right? So why have a plan at all? :)

About predatorybunny


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.