Existing Member?

Prakriti's Travel Stories

Prague: the city of charm!

CZECH REPUBLIC | Saturday, 11 March 2017 | Views [227]

The old town of Prague appears to be straight from an European movie of ancient times. The streets are made up of cobblestones, the houses are palatial, pretty and colorful and in some of them there would be a small trap door in the lower portion of the house, going down a small flight of stairs. I fell in love with the place at my first glance. 

I will not tell the story as a tourist, I visited Prague as a traveler. I walked down the alleys twisting and turning like in a labyrinth with colorful shops and shady recesses side by side. I stood beside the girl who was creating beautiful tune of Forrest Gump using a few glasses and water on one side of the road. I watched the shops of Bohemian jewellery and glass pieces that reflected all the colors of the world.  I ate and drank Gluhwein(hot beverage made of red wine and other spices) in the way-side eatery and watched the passer-by when it drizzled a little. 

If you're an art lover like me, you will definitely spend some time at the Dali exhibition to contemplate the insanity of a genius, to see the marvelous combination of reality and magic- the kind of magic that normal people wouldn't imagine, let alone sketching it. 

At the strike of every hour the puppets in the astronomical clock of the main square in the old town, will come out and make their own music and sound. You could watch that again and again. Down there, along the Charles bridge, overlooking the Vlatava river, if you walk for a while you'd see the Prague castle silhouette in the backdrop of a vast sky. On the bridge there would be talented painters and artists working. Some of them would sell their works or draw cartoons live. You don't want to linger there too long for you have got to climb up and up to reach the castle premises from where you could get a breathtaking view of the cityscape. There would be a beautiful church up there, an epitome of serenity. I sat on the castle premise for a while in the soft afternoon glow and reflected on my life and travels. It seemed to be an eternity. 

On my way back I stood on the Charles bridge, waiting for all the lights to glow and adorn the city. This view would be one of thse memorable ones that could "flash upon that inward eye" time and again. 

Tags: walking tours

About prakriti


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Czech Republic

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.