Existing Member?

Oh, it's imperceptible life.

The second side of the coin

POLAND | Wednesday, 27 May 2015 | Views [147] | Scholarship Entry

You know, there are people who always get into some ridiculous stories, and these people like to come up with these stories. It's about me. My story started last summer.
My friend and I decided to go to Poland. We are from Ukraine. We chose the cheapest variants of our trip, and we went by bus. Our trip was supposed to last 20 h but it lasted 38 h. I thought it can happens only in the movies, but not.
I watched the receding into the distance Kiev and hoped that the trip will be held quickly. I had a feeling that it will not manage without adventure. We drove 19 hours only through Ukraine to the border. Don’t worry, our driver just lost his way in his own country!
In the bus were my friend and I, old grandmother with chicken (who speaks only Polish), mother with son (This guy dreamed of finally rid himself from the mother), the other 5 people. With grief in half we got to the Polish border. In the bus came people in a form and checked for the presence of passport visas. They looked at granny and their stern face changed to smile. They spoke only Polish, and began to talk to her. Now Imagine, nobody in bus could understand what they was talking about but we saw the following picture: They something asked, she looked at them and pressed chicken. The people in the form started laugh and she started to scream, chicken tried to escape, guards tried to snatch chicken, chicken in fear escaped and began to run on the bus. People in the form was shocked. This continued until the girl grabbed the chicken.
A few hours later, I began to notice that I was in the movie "the Groundhog Day." The driver was able to get lost in Poland, and we went around the track. It was not funny, because nobody know Polish. In addition, the gasoline has ended. We stood where there were not gas stations in the vicinity. Call centers didn’t respond. Nevertheless, this time we were talking and knew each other in closer. They were all with their interesting life stories. And then we are reminded sharply about grandmother that she was only one of us who knows perfectly polish. We have to wake her up and somehow to explain to her what happened. Sometimes later, her grandson came and with him was Polish bus. We are all safely reached endpoint.
For someone it may seem unbelievable story but for me the next adventure. This adventure I will remain in the memory for a long time and thanks to that travels, my life is a colorful, bright and full of different adventures.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About pollychu


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Poland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.