Existing Member?

tasting my way around the world

The Brass Bell

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 6 March 2015 | Views [165]

 

The Brass Bell

Tucked away at the top end of Goondoon St and part of the Harbour Sails Motor Inn, The Brass Bell is, in my opinion, “Gladstone’s hidden little gem”.

Dawn and Graeme Crosbie have been the new owners since November 2014, relocating from Brisbane and bringing with them their years of experience and knowledge of the Motel and Culinary Industry.

The Brass Bell truly knows the art of good, friendly, customer service and working in conjunction with recently recruited Chef Amanda , Dawn and Graeme have created a new and exciting menu, offering a larger selection of seafood, steak, and fresh produce, all sourced locally. The venue is a la carte, fully licensed and offers bookings for any special occasion, seating up to 40 people or more.

“I just love the friendliness that a country town has to offer,” Dawn commented while we were chatting. “We hope to get a good response from locals here in town.”

 My tip is- “they will”.

My breakfast dish, Eggs Benedict, was a smash hit and comes highly recommended. Two eggs, poached to perfection, oozed a delicious dark yellow yolk and were seated on an English toasted muffin, with sliced ham and spinach. Topped with a creamy, velvety Hollandaise Sauce and trio of juicy cherry tomatoes on the side, theses little delights truly complimented the dish and every mouthful was superb. One of my favourite breakfast dishes and a regular choice for me, this was right up amongst the best of them.

About polishedpalates


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.