Existing Member?

Frozen Fingers Travelling from the land of the polar bears to the land of the penguins, in the wake of the Arctic terns.

Packing and getting ready to go

NORWAY | Monday, 8 December 2008 | Views [352]

At the moment all I seem to be doing is working like crazy and trying to get ready to go South. Today the(almost)last box of gear arrived and I'm now just making sure I have everything organised and then tomorrow evening I'll be battling with getting those 10 pairs of gloves into my rucksac. Thats when the real fun starts. I've been sleeping out in a tent for preparation for the Antarctic and I think I've become a bit of a softy since last time I winter camped. The first trial was on Heidi and Egil's veranda at Haloween and they wrapped me up with duvets and blankets and it was nice and cosy. Cecilie who shared the tent with me on the next occasion slept soundly through the night, and I got so cold I had to sneak in in the early hours. So that inspired me on to a shopping spree and with Henrik's guidence and top tips for a budding Antarctic explorer I'm now well and truely equipped. Val has helped me out enormously and given me tons of encouragement too. She's also been my UK shopping partner and if I happen to be wearing anything green in the near future, you can guess who bought it for me! Actually I'll be opening a lot of my parcels on thursday, and trying on new things. Yippee! It will be like Christmas come early.

Tags: snow cold wind tent

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Norway

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.