Existing Member?

pocoloco update Trying to settle down.... but where?

Namaste - arrival in Kathmandu

NEPAL | Sunday, 4 September 2011 | Views [393]

After a couple of hectic days packing and moving, we managed to get to the airport just in time for the plane. Nice to sit down for a couple of hours and do NOTHING. Our arrival at Kathmandu was late at night and we hoped our guesthouse would have arranged a pick-up as promised. However, the time at the airport challenged our patience as the customs have to issue a handwritten visa to everybody. No computers and off course this has to be hand checked by 3 other colleagues before finalising. But all together the trip went uncomplicated and we're now soaking in the dust from the roads in Kathmandu: Namaste, welcome! The people here are all very helpful: Can I help you? Hello taxi? Where do you go? We can organise your trip. It's a nice 29 degrees temperature so we can nicely smell all the garbage. From the terrace on the roof of our guesthouse we can see the mountains winking at us. It certainly looks inviting. We'll meet the other volunteers next weekend so we'll probably head out of town for a couple of days this week. The first offer was 300US$ for a 3 day trip, we believe we can do it for a better price ourselves and get some experience in haggling.

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.