Existing Member?

The adventure called Life

?oincidence or Prague`s joke?

CZECH REPUBLIC | Sunday, 24 May 2015 | Views [104] | Scholarship Entry

The last day of October, twenty minutes before midnight. The moon had already risen; the moonlight was breaking down into smaller beams with statues on Charles Bridge, swaddled with the fog. I am strolling along Charles Bridge, looking at the faces of those statues: looking like saints in the daylight, they look ominously in the moonlight.
Prague… the mysterious city with millions of legends, I kept wondering how multifaceted that city was, when the scream had pierced the air. I startled. The scream came out of a couple, frightened by children in scary masks. Halloween was already there.
I came to Prague with my friends for the weekend to celebrate Halloween. While planning that trip, I’ve heard a lot about mysticism in the capital of Czech Republic. Prague’s favorite joke is to bomb you into the person you’re thinking about, if this person is in the city, of course.
I came back to the hostel; we had to get ready for the party at the 3000 m2 Sasazu club, where somehow I was supposed to find my Canadian boyfriend, without any phone or internet. Almost impossible.
When we were standing next to the club entrance, security shouted that the club was full house; we were so close that it would be great disappointment of not getting in. All the people around had tickets…except of us, what should we have done?
With the words of incantation from Charmed series, “The power of three will let us in” (the power of three will let us free – org.), we were the last three people who got in on the Halloween night.
Two level club with 2500 people jumping, dancing, screaming, laughing, and crying under the effect of alcohol and maybe something else. It didn’t seem like I would find my friend. It was Halloween night, I was at the club with great music, and even if I would not find him, I should catch the moment.
After four hours of catching the moment we left the refuge of sinners. We were waiting for our tram for a while. The first tram in twenty minutes came and it was not ours, but we decided to get on that one anyway – too tired of sitting on the street.
While getting on the tram I said, “It would be funny if we meet my Canadian friend on the wrong tram”. The transport was full of people from that party; it looked like carrier from the parallel world to the reality: killers, dead people, zombies, doctors, police officers.
Suddenly my intuition told me to turn around. I did and I saw a smile. His smile.
Was it coincidence or Prague`s joke? I will never know.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About pliushcheva


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Czech Republic

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.