Existing Member?

Welcome Home

My Scholarship entry - A local encounter that changed my life

WORLDWIDE | Saturday, 21 April 2012 | Views [140] | Scholarship Entry

Have you ever tried to explain how particular color looks like to somoeone who is blind?

Most of us can see clearly. However, there are places in the world where imagination and creative thought is too weak tools given by nature to admit a remarkable reality.

Have you lived in a post-apocalyptic, survivalist, dusty cartoon for a week? Have you been given a possibility to camp on Mars? If you think it is impossible - listen clearly. I am talking about physical dream or in more simple terms - giant party in the desert with incredible art and music. Festival where time and money does not exist changed my life completely. At the beginning of September 2011 I was reborn.

It happened at Burning Man, Nevada. The impact of the festival is so subtle that a culture has formed around it. I got lucky and become a part of it. By expanding my perception I find out and noticed things I did not seen before. It is said that people who born blind can see during a near-death experience. I will share a secret. Open your eyes and mind.

If you are still doubting. Wake up! The world you live in is not real. Go to experience a journey of a lifetime and discover yourself again. It is much more than you think. I feel that I am trying to do the same thing which I mentioned in the beginning. The unexperienced experience belongs to the curious. Be curious! Explore and discover.

Discoveries leds to adventures. Adventures are the joy of life. The encounter with this spectacular place and it‘s people was a time machine which brought me to the future. It was just a six months before the August 28th I first time heard whispers about Burning Man. Three months later I was already in USA. One month before festival for the first time in 25 years tickets were sold out. Demand for them was enormous. Luckily I found a girl who sold her ticket and convinced me to start counting the days till it. One month later I was running naked in the desert. It was not a dream.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2012

About playa


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.