Existing Member?

The tale of P-money! This is a story about a guy named P-money who desired an experience unlike anything else.

I made it!

NEPAL | Friday, 8 January 2010 | Views [491]

Namaste from Nepal!
After a somewhat grueling 30 hour trip I have landed in Nepal. I have made it to wonderful hotel and I have met two friends already! I met both of them in the Singapore airport, and I believe that we all kept each other sane during those first few hours upon landing.

One of my friends is from California and the other from Australia. I walked around most of the day with the Aussie, and she has just as wonderful a sense of direction as I do. Needless to say we got terribly lost in Kathmandu- but we eventually arrived safely!

The ride from the airport to the hotel was excellent! So many sites to take in - it really is a different world over here. Also, the passenger who greeted us at the airport was delighted to hear that I wanted to do some volunteer work. He knows a wonderful mountain town where I would live with a family and teach english to their children - in return getting free Nepali lessons.

Our hotel is wonderful, called 'Hotel Encounter Nepal', and the people are wonderful. Within five minutes I was told to make this place my home, and I was offered tea....then everest beer. Both of which I kindly accepted...duh.

Ok, enough rambling, time to get some grub, tea, and sleep. Namaste.

Tags: kathmandu

About pjsharpe07


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.