Existing Member?

pjMumblings

international travel...or not.

USA | Tuesday, 5 February 2008 | Views [615] | Comments [3]

*Sigh*

I was so close. I had boarded the plane, settled and buckled myself into my ridiculously small seat, taken out my Chinese character study materials, ignored the flight attendant as he gave his usual instructions, and had just obligingly turned off my iPod when then the pilot began his announcements. But it wasn't the 'we hope you enjoy your flight with us today' kind of speech, it was the 'yea weather in Seattle sucks, so we can't leave' kind of speech. Then came the, 'how about you all wait in the terminal instead of the plane' speech.

Back in the terminal I was informed that the tiny aircraft I was just sitting on would have been knocked off its ass by the winds in Seattle, so we were stuck in Portland for the time being. Thus the giant plane headed to Tokyo would be taking off without me. The ticket agent lady then proceeded to give me my new flight info: same times and connections as before, just 24 hours later. Hehe, um...no thanks. Some negotiations later, we arranged for me to fly to LA, where I am currently camped out. Yay for dingy, sparse, poorly-lit airports!

I'll be boarding a plane for Seoul in several hours. Sometime tomorrow afternoon I'll hop on a quick flight to Tokyo, finally arriving at my destination 22.5 hours late.

Ah there's nothing like the unpredictability of travel!

Yours truly,
P.

Tags: Airports

Comments

1

Yay! You are coming here at last! Yay!

Duuuude if you wanna kno wot unpredictability of travel is like, you should try rolling China during Spring Festival. Let's just say that the words "wot the" and "flang" come to mind.

As for being told to wait in the terminal, I hope ur Chinese is good enuff so when they tell you to sit ur ass down before they politely use their "Please-sit-down"-stick on your head, you can obey :-)

再见! 新年快乐!

  chinapies Feb 6, 2008 4:44 PM

2

Ouch! Sorry to hear about your mishap at the airport. Traveling is enough of a chore without delays.

Post some pics when you get a chance Miss P.

~ Dave

  Dave Feb 12, 2008 9:51 AM

3

Hi Darlin'

I think you must be in Chengdu by now - and I am anxious to hear about your first impressions. Did Mom mention that we should have some preliminary drawings about mid-March? Looking forward to hearing more from you. Much love...

  Daddy-o Feb 21, 2008 5:53 AM

About pjscheck


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.