Existing Member?

One way ticket to Bangkok

Muddy Roads

CAMBODIA | Tuesday, 16 September 2008 | Views [601] | Comments [1]

For two and a half lovely weeks we stayed on a sweet little island on the Mekong River called Don Det. Photos will tell the stories................

Finally, after many days of trying, we left the island and headed south on a bus to Cambodia. After many delays at immigration we crossed the border jammed into a bus with way too many passengers. We arrived at the first stop in Cambodia...Stung Treng. Decided to stay the night, booked into a room...then next thing we know we have checked out and are on a bus heading way out east with dreams of a volcanic lake. We were the only foreigners on board and have not yet learnt to say the basics of the language....so an interesting journey through the muddiest roads at a snails pace for 5 hours. We arrive in a muddy town in the dark and get a lift on the back of motorbikes (heavy packs and all) through the muddy streets, up and down slippery hills until we arrive (and nearly fall off) at the most amazing wooden bamboo bungalows, all connected with rustic wooden walkways. So here we stay in this muddy little town with rain pouring down.......

Comments

1

Hi guy's,
Another lot of wonderful photos. What an amazing adventure you have been on. it's wonderful to see how other people live.we all get a bit caught up in our own little world here and forget there is so much more out there to explore.Aaron you look like you have lost a bit of weight.I hope yo are feeling a lot better now.Try not to get any more tummy bugs.You both look fit and healthy.Amazing what a bit of the good life can do to ones soul, cant wait to hear from you again,
love to you both,
Anita, Aaron, James and Kayla
p.s James is of to the Australian titles in Sydney on November the 20th to represent Tasmania in his weight division. He is a bit excited we will let you know how it goes.
xoxoxo

  anita Sep 20, 2008 8:48 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.