Existing Member?

Pirates of the Cam Logbook

Vietnam, here we come!

VIETNAM | Sunday, 18 July 2010 | Views [325]

So, we made it to Vietnam! After just one day in Saigon, a wet and colorful place with thousands of motorbikes and quite a bit of old-fashioned communist propaganda, we took the night bus to Nha Trang. I woke up this morning after some dizzy sleep on the bus and was welcomed by an astonishing picture: We were driving along a costal road. In the background, mountains could be seen rising up against a sky which was painted orange and red by the sunrise. The colours were reflected in the sea and the rice fields passing by. Astonishing!

A few hours later, we arrive in Nha Trang. If travel was sometimes hectic and stressful up to now, this place is the reward. A beautiful beach, mountains, a soft breeze and water as warm as a gentle shower would be are the ingredients here. You can add some watersports as you like (we choose catamaran sailing and, for tomorrow, scubba diving), have a cocktail on the beach or just hang around. And there is some excellent food to be found in vietnam! Once again, street food is on the agenda, we had an excellent meal in saigon. And to Ewa's and my pleasure, there is some good coffee in Vietnam. It is taken in hot or (even better) on ice, and is very thick and short. Good stuff!

-Ralf

 

About pirates_of_the_cam

The Pirate Crew (with 2 of the missing crew members)

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.